Friday, October 29, 2004

We've moved.

Well, we moved from the hotel, it was costing too much, and found a furnished apartment for a lot less. For those interested, we at
7777 Greenbriar
Apt 1012
Houston, TX
77030
(713) 795-4327

We actually have a living room, kitchen, laundry room, dining room, large bath, and the bedroom has a walk in closet bigger then our bathroom at home. Nice to have a "real" place to stay until the free apartment becomes available. (We're still on the list, "it shouldn't be too much longer" is all management can tell us.) Our shuttle stop is a few blocks away, but we're still close to all the shopping we'll need, we even still have a Kroger here, and can get bottled water (my doctor does NOT want me drinking unfiltered tap water, it's so bad here) for .29/gal if we bring our own bottle.

Appt. Monday with oncologist, we find out then if we start a chemo regimen or go directly to bone marrow transplantation. Another case of "hurry up and wait."

We tried to get Ryan and Christy to just put Trevor on a plane to Houston while they were in Yosemitie, but they already have him booked. Darn!

We'll try to let you know as soon as the results are in Monday, we've only found 2 machines open to the public here. I guess they're hiding the rest.

Dad and Terri

5 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from East Tennessee. Have still not received a blood-work package yet but will overnite it back as soon as I do. Glad everything is going well. Rachel and I are still unpacking from the move and getting settled in to the new house. As soon as I bet some pictures of the new house I will send them along. Not nearly as exciting as a new baby but we will be working on that really soon!!!
Danny and Rachel

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Florida.....we are so happy to read all this good news, except about the sea gull of course. Joe is in off the road and will probably leave Monday...which is okay because I leave on Tuesday for our annual meeting in Tampa. This last time Joe went to Chesepeake Bay and picked up a sail boat and delivered it to port of Miami. Next week he's off to Rhode Island...wish I could go...I always get homesick for the Fall colors. We have survived the hurricanes with still in the process of getting rid of downed trees. When all is said and done, we will have lost six oak trees. Jolene and David have finally gotten their insurance money and renovation begins.... her goal is to have the house liveable, at least partially by her birthday in February. Two weeks ago, my work partner and I flew to Nashville, hereafter referred to as the trip from Hell, to go to a seminar on Medicare. It is scary when you actually realize that you know more about the pharmacy cards in your state than the Feds...but these are the same folks that spent 909.00 for EACH of us to fly from Gainesville to Nashville....your government at work. I could rattle on for hours, but hate to tire both of you. If you ever need to contact us for anything....Joe's cell, which is glued to his person is 352-317-5596. Mine is 352-317-4508. Email is jkmorgan@peoplepc.com Before I forget, we're going to Minnesota for Thanksgiving. I'm flying and Joe will meet me there...think he mumbled something about pheasants. Anyway, one more time, thanks Ryan for the ability so share all the family news...we love it. Chris and Terri, every day is better than the one before and the future is a gift. We love you both...jk

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
I received the overnight pack Friday but the instructions said to send it Monday to Wednesday so this morning I got the blood drawn and the package to a DHL pick-up site. It should get to the medical center tomorrow (Tuesday). Hoping for a match...

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any info as to whether my blood samples were received today? Tom

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
It's now wednesday night (I notice these comments post times without dates). Do you know if my kit has been received? It should have been yesterday.
Thanks, Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home