Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Comment by Dad if you missed it

Writing from University of Texas in Houston; wow is this place ever big. The MD Anderson Cancer Hospital has 3,000 employees in the leukemia section alone. I'm doing find, just had blood work taken for analysis, see the doctor at 1PM today. We're both doing fine, the hotel provides a shuttle to the hospital every hour on the half, and the University of Texas Police Department has a shuttle if you're out too late for the hotel.

We'll be sure to let everyone know what the doctor says as soon as we find out. We've got a page full of questions to ask her, Estella Farajoli. (She is the associate professor of medicine, and her specialty is AML!)

Off for a quick lunch then to see the doc, we've got our fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Dad said...

Just finished with doctor, she said blasts (bad, bad cells) are at 6%, so I have an appointment tomorrow at 10AM with transplant doctor. Doc's idea is since blasts are so low, maybe bone marrow transplant may work. She also has idea that Mylotarg has been effective to this point, and may work if transplant can't be done yet. She will either do Mylotarg or put me in one of the studies. This is pretty awesome news, we're cautiously optomistic about the outcome, and we're both in a good state of shock. We'll keep you informed.
Dad and Terri

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really great news,
It all sounds very encouraging,
Ryan, This web sight is great, I've been reading
it every night, I even tried responding the other
night, but I don't know what happened to my letter,
it never appeared, so I'm just going as anonymous from
now on. ( I tried becoming a member and I think I actually got my own blog sight, it was kind of complicated, I needed Steven to help me)
Anyway, this is all good news, and we're praying the tests and studies he's involved in will bring some good results.
Love, Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home