Sunday, September 10, 2006

Transplant News GHP style

The transplant scheduled for Tuesday has been pushed back to admission on Saturday thanks to the insurance company's refusal to accept the doctor's protocol. He has had to resubmit a different protocol that includes only one chemo but also a full body irradiation. This means I get my port on Friday and am admitted on Saturday. We have already contacted the news media about GHP making us jump through hoops just so they will approve the transplant. I am still scheduled to receive the stem-cells on the 19th as only the date of admission and the initial protocol have changed.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but what is "GHP"
I'm trying to keep up on all the terms and abbreviations. This is as bad as the military.
Do whatever you have to do.
What a blast we had in Toronto.
I have a few pictures we'll send, if you have any please send them.
Good Luck and God Bless you both,
Love, Liz

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry I missed toronto...
oh well, kick their ass Chris..twice, once for me ;)
Connie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home